RCL Cruises Ltd is committed to protecting the personal information that you share with us through the Internet.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act") RCL Cruises Ltd is a data controller with registered office address at Building 3, The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0NY, United Kingdom.
Any personal information that you supply to us will be stored on servers residing in the United States and shared with our parent company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd of Miami, Florida doing business as Royal Caribbean International. Such personal information may also be shared with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
To ensure the security of your personal data, RCL Cruises Ltd undertakes to comply with the Act in the treatment and processing of your personal information. All members of the Royal Caribbean group of companies have given express undertakings to guarantee the protection of your personal data in accordance with the requirements of EU law.
Information we may collect from you
You can use the majority of our websites without being required to divulge any personally identifiable information to us. However we may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.royalcaribbean.co.uk (our site). This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a cruise, make a holiday booking on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, credit card information, address, passport details, address date of birth.
To participate in or use some of the activities available on our sites (such as purchasing a cruise or entering a contest or contacting us) you may be required to provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name, nationality, passport number, address, date of birth and e-mail address). In addition, in connection with some activities, such as purchasing a cruise, we collect additional personally identifiable information such as your credit or debit card number, meal preferences and medical information only in so far as it may affect your cruise with us. We will use this information only for the purpose of processing your holiday booking and fulfilling your cruise holiday as booked. You agree that in performing our contractual obligations to you in fulfilling your booking that, as applicable and by way of example only, we may disclose such personal data to Royal Caribbean International branded ships, airlines, taxi companies, coach service providers, shore excursion providers, border control, immigration and customs offices located around the world.
Your credit card number will be used to process your request for products or services but will not be shared with third parties that are not involved with the transaction.
We undertake to only make use of the personal information for the purposes it was provided.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; Using technology, our sites can collect information about the type of browser you are using and your operating system. As technology evolves, additional methods of information gathering may be used, such as 'pixel tags' (also known as 'clear gifs').
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- When corresponding with you via e-mail, we may use a variety of technologies, such as 'clear gifs', to let us know, among other things, whether you have received and opened our e-mail. The clear gif included in the e-mail may establish a cookie on your system that further allows us to tailor information to fit your personal interests.
How we use Personal Information
We use the information that you share with us for these purposes:
- To provide the products, services or membership benefits you request;
- To improve the content of our site and enhance your cruise-planning experience;
- To ensure proper invoicing;
- To measure consumer demand or interest in various offerings; and
- For marketing and promotional purposes, including to provide you with information about products and services offered by Royal Caribbean International.
We reserve the right to disclose personal information, without notice, if we believe that such action is necessary to defend and protect the rights or property of RCL Cruises Ltd or RCCL and its family of websites or to protect the personal safety of users of RCL Cruises Ltd, RCCL, its websites or the public and only where we are legally allowed to do so.
Where we deem we have a right to share your personal details or have your consent to share your personal details, our policy is to require that any third parties we disclose that personal information to, keeps that information confidential and complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
How do we protect your information?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Security for all personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct usage of information, we monitor and adjust our physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that data transmitted over the Internet will always be secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products and services and you do so at your own risk. Upon receipt of your transmission, we strive to ensure the security of that information in our systems.
How do I change my personally identifiable information or tell you that I don't want to be contacted?
Our websites sometimes provide you the opportunity to choose to receive communications from us when we request information from you. You always have the option of removing your name from our e-mail mailing list(s) so that you will not receive further e-mail promotional communications from us. In order to ensure immediate removal from any list, it is best to follow the specific instructions outlined within the communications you receive from us, since we operate numerous sites and e-mail lists. If you are unable to complete the process indicated in such communications, send us an e-mail (https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/contact-us/contact-us/) or write to The Marketing Department (Royal Caribbean International at the address set out at the beginning of this policy.
What about children?
Our websites seek to promote our holidays for sale to adults over the age of 18. None of our websites are targeted at children to purchase holidays and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from minors.
Links and third parties
Our websites often provide links to resources that we believe may be useful. These links will lead you to websites operated by third parties that operate under different privacy policies. We encourage you to review those privacy policies, as we have no control over information you may submit to those third parties.
Questions or Comments